Perfect Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a major staple around our house. Between the 3 of us, we can easily eat a dozen in a week. I try to be proactive and bake a bunch over the weekend to prep for the coming week… but I’m usually scrambling and popping a couple in the microwave at the last minute. It seems like they take forever in the oven, and mid-August I don’t really want my oven on for 2 hours. Now prepping sweet potatoes is no big deal- Instant Pot has made cooking them so darn easy!
Aside from beef liver (no thanks!) sweet potatoes are the (second) best food source for vitamin A. In fact, just 3.5 oz of sweet potato is enough to meet 35% of all vitamin A needs, and in many cases enough to meet over 90%– how cool is that!?
- 1 cup water
- 2.5 lbs (approximately) sweet potatoes
- Scrub your sweet potatoes with a veggie scrubber
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot
- Place steamer basket or trivet into the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Stack the sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Place the lid on- checking to be sure the valve is on “sealing”
- Set the Instant Pot for Manual – High – 14 minutes.
- When time is up- carefully release using the quick release method
- Adjustments- these were definitely small sweet potatoes. For medium sized, try 16 minutes, and for large try 18 minutes.
I love that the skins just peel right off of these- perfect for toddler lunches!
What about you- what do you prep to make the weekdays go smoother?