With fall right around the corner (sorry, but it is!) I’ve been collecting recipes for cooking acorn squash, and other fall veggies. There are lots of recipes for baked acorn squash, but of course I wanted to make it in my favorite kitchen appliance- the Instant Pot! Here is how I prepare acorn squash in the Instant Pot.
I’ve talked before about how my grapefruit spoon is my very favorite kitchen tool! 😀 It’s perfect for scraping out the insides / seeds of your squash.
- Acorn Squash
- 1 cup filtered water
- Wash / scrub your acorn squash.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot- add the trivet.
- Set the acorn squash on the trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the valve is set to “sealing”
- Set the timer for Manual – 8 minutes. When time is up, use the quick release method. Your squash will not be fully cooked (yet!)
- Let the squash cool for a few minutes. Carefully, using oven mitts, remove the squash and cut it in half.
- Using your trusty grapefruit spoon, scoop the seeds out of the middle.
- Replace your two halves back into the Instant Pot. Place the lid on, again, making sure the valve is set to “sealing”.
- Set the time for Manual – 8 minutes. Use quick release to release pressure.
There are lots of recipes for “baked” acorn squash- I would love to hear how you use yours!